The Health ministry said the number of confirmed cases since last March reached 160,904 while the number of tests carried out so far stood at 1,688,106.
Out of the new patients, 339 were Kenyans and sixforeigners, 195 male and 150 female, the youngest two years old and the oldest 94.
Cabinet Secretary Mutahi Kagwe also announced that the number of recoveries hadrisen by 140 to 109,217, 82 of the them under the homebased care programme and 58 in hospital.
Mr Kagwe also reported 24 more deaths but explained that only one occurred over the past 24 hours. Fifteen took place over the last one month while eight were late death reports confirmed during the audit of facility records. The death toll rose to 2,805.
By Tuesday,1,230 patients had been admitted tohealth facilities countrywide while 6,654 were under home–based isolation and care. One hundred and fifty four patients were under intensive care,26 of them on ventilatory support,101 on supplemental oxygen and 27 underobservation.
Another 117 patients were separately on supplementary oxygen, 109 of them in general wards and eight in high dependency units.
In terms of vaccination, CS Kagwe said 894,076 people countrywide had taken the jab by Tuesday, among them 275,453 people aged 58 years and above,158,772 health workers, 139, 221 teachers and 75,169 security officers.