In a statement, the Ministry of Health said the number of confirmed cases has increased to 193,189 since the first one in March last year, and that 2,059,193 tests have been performed since then.
Of the new patients were 416 Kenyans and 15 foreigners as well as 284 men and 134 women.
Nairobi led with 256 infections, followed by Machakos with 36, Kilifi 26, Nyeri 19, Nakuru 18, Kiambu 17, Mombasa eight, Kirinyaga and Meru six each, Kericho, Migori, Taita Taveta and Turkana four each, Siaya, Kisii and Embu three.
Kajiado, Kitui, Murang’a and Tana River each had two cases, while Garissa, Kakamega, Narok, Nyandarua, Homa Bay and Kwale each reported one case.
The death toll rose by eight to 3,783, but Health Cabinet Secretary Mutahi Kagwe said they were all late reports that came after verification of the facility’s records in March and June.
He also announced that an additional 595 patients have recovered from the disease, 542 in isolation and care at home and 53 in hospital nationwide, bringing the total to 182,921.
According to the ministry 1,224 patients were admitted to the hospital by Monday, while 4,358 were treated at home.
Of the admitted patients, 134134 were in intensive care units, 35 of them with ventilation support, 70 with supplemental oxygen and 29 under observation.
Another 284 patients were supplied with additional oxygen separately, 262 of them in general wards and 22 in intensive care units.