Oct 21, 2021

Mawazo Writing Africa

Writing about the main

Breaking: Criminals in Trouble as Nigerian Army Launches Special Operation in Southeast State

  • The Nigerian Army has stepped up efforts to contain the existing security threats in the state of Anambra
  • In the southeastern state through the 302nd Artillery General Regiment Support to ensure security
  • The operation is also intended to serve as a routine exercise in various geopolitical zones of Nigeria and southeastern states

Anambra – Colonel Abdulkarim .B. Usman, the general support commander of the 302nd Artillery Regiment, has announced a special operation, codenamed Exercise Golden Dawn, to restore security in the state of Anambra.

Speech in Igbariam, Anambra Usman said the operation was a way to combat insecurity in the state and promote cooperation between authorities, Vanguard reports.

In his welcoming address at the Flag-off ceremony, the commander added that “Exercise Golden Dawn” is also a routine exercise in various geopolitical zones in Nigeria and the southeastern states.

According to him, the climb is The uncertainty across the country made it important that the army, in cooperation with other security agencies, rush to the aid of civilians.

The exercise began on Monday, October 4th and ends on Thursday, December 23rd, is supposed to be best Curb pending security threats such as secessionist agitation, banditry and kidnappings, sectarian activities, clashes and other criminal activities.

It aims to control the command and personnel of combat weapons and services in the planning and conducting non-war military operations (MOOTW). “> The Nigerian army had previously assured the people of the country that the activities of the insurgents and bandits of Boko Haram would soon be a thing of the past.

The assurance was given on Wednesday, September 29th, by the Chief of Defense Staff (CDS), General Lucky Irabor, at an Open Ears Press Dialogue 2 organized by Zoom.

In his reply to In response to questions posed by attendees, Irabor said the military will not rest on their oars and said they need to involve other stakeholders in order to end the insurgents in the country.

The Nigerian military denies that 20 fishermen killed in an air strike on Borno

Meanwhile, the Nigerian military authorities have denied the killing of 20 residents in a counterinsurgency in Dabar Masara, a border town in the Monguno parish of the state Borno.

Some villagers had claimed that no fewer than 20 people in the area were killed in the military air raid on September 26, 2021.