- It was a Black Sunday at St. Francis Catholic Church, Owa-luwa Street, Owo LGA, Ondo State
- Unidentified armed men It is said that they bombed the church and then fired several shots at the congregation.
- The attack during Sunday’s service reportedly killed many while others were injured
Suspected terrorists reportedly attacked the St. Francis Catholic Church in Owo, the Owo County Headquarters, on Sunday 5 June Ondo State, an.
According to a TV report by Channels, after the explosion in the church, many believers died and several others were injured.
The church is located near the Palace of the Olowo of Owo.
Nigerian Tribune noted that as many as 50 bodies were taken out of the church, with many victims lying on the ground at the Federal Medical Center, Owo, for medical attention.
A source explained that some armed men entered the church during the service and opened fire on the church members.
According to the source, the congregation was surprised. The incident caused chaos in the area as residents ran to safety.
Governor Akeredolu responds to the attack
The governor of Ondo, who his Expressing sorrow, described the attack as a heinous and satanic attack. He said it was a calculated attack on the peace-loving people of the Kingdom of Owo, who have enjoyed relative peace over the years.
He wrote on his Twitter handle:< /p>
“This is an unexpected development. I am shocked to say the least. Nonetheless, we will use every available resource to hunt down these attackers and make them pay. We will never bow to the machinations of heartless elements in our resolve Rid our state of criminals.”
Nigerians react to news of attack on Ondo Church
Nigerians express their grief following reports of the horrific incident expressed. Some are asking when the killing will stop.
Skit maker Mr. Macaroni wonders if human lives have no value in Nigeria.
Festus Ogun believes the attack was strategically targeted in the hometown of state governor Rotimi Akeredolu , was executed.
Kano blast death toll rises to 9
Other news: The death toll in a gas explosion in Kano state on Tuesday, May 17 has risen, according to the Federal Ministry of Humanitarian Affairs.
The explosion, which happened near at a private secondary school, Winners School, destroyed a residential building and affected part of the school.
Recall that the Kano State Police Command previously reported the death of four people and claimed that gas, not a bomb, went off Tuesday morning.
< p>Source: Legit. ng