President Muhammadu Buhari’s hometown of Daura in Katsina State has seen a noticeable transformation since the President took office in 2015.
The city has reportedly transformed itself into a commercial city that now boasts the presence of both federal and state government projects, including the presence of privately owned commercial businesses
The city’s transformation began to manifest shortly after Buhari took office in 2015, as it evolved from a sleepy and peaceful city whose main occupations are agriculture, trade and ranching for the majority of residents, to another trading center in the state of Katsina. p>
Punch Newspaper reports that inside what is now Daura are buildings and structures that boast modern architectural designs. The city also has a good road network and drainage system, which makes the city attractive.
Here are such additions to the city
- Nigeria Air force Reference Hospital, Nigeria Air force Quick Response Unit
- Federal University of Transportation
- Daura Township Stadium
- 171 Battalion of the Nigerian Army
- Federal Polytechnic, Daura, including Federal
- Women and Children Hospital, Daura
- The Federal University of Transportation, Daura
- The proposed doubling of the Kano/Kongolam highway designed, to pass Daura and the school for people with special needs, Daura.
- The Nigerian Airforce Response Air Wing (Quick Response Unit), Daura
- The Nigerian Army 171 Battalion Base, Daura
- The Nigerian Army Forwarding Base along Kongolam Road, Daura
- The National Directorate of Employment Centre, Ganga, Daura
- Modernization and Expansion of Daura Mini Stadium
- Sustainable Development Goals Skills Acquisition Center, Zango Road, Daura
- Completion of Sabke Dam, Daura, which will provide one million liters of water to Daura and neighboring communities.
- 73 km long 132 KVA line from Katsina to Daura and two 30 and 40 MVA transformers to increase power supply.
- 50-bed maternity center in Daura General Hospital< /li>
- Sir Emeka Offor E-Library, Daura
- Rehabilitation, expansion, reactivation and completion of several abandoned and existing projects including roads, schools, sewers, water projects etc.
- The National Directorate for Employment Cosmetology training and distribution of cosmetic kits to 1000 women in Daura.
< li>The 400,000 liter capacity solar powered water system by the NNPC and Belema Oil in a joint venture with the Jack-Rich Tein Foundation
Report: Wike’s mood changed after Tambuwal resigned for Atiku
Meanwhile, Rivers State Governor Nyesom Wike is reported to have resigned to have resigned lost the primary of the People’s Democratic Party na ch a last-minute realignment of former Vice President Atiku Abubakar and Aminu Tambuwal.
Reportedly, the realignment was possible after the intervention of party leaders and some northern elders worked just before it began the election in favor of the former Vice President.
At 20:34, Governor Aminu Waziri Tambuwal of Sokoto State resigned for Atiku. Party sources said he withdrew from the race to support Atiku after intervention by some elders who feared the ruling party would roll to victory in 2023 should Wike win the ticket,