Jun 26, 2022

Mawazo Writing Africa

Writing about the main

FG Reveals Those Responsible for Owo Church Terror Attack – Legit.ng

  • Days after the attack on the St. Francis Catholic Church in Owo, Ondo State, the federal government has linked the criminal act to the ISWAP terrorists
  • < strong>Rauf Aregbesola, the Interior Minister, made the announcement on Thursday 9 June after a meeting of the National Security Council
  • However, the minister said the government had decided located the perpetrators of the Owo attack and targeted the ISWAP terrorist group.

State House, Abuja – The Federal government says the Islamic State of West Africa (ISWAP) Province was behind the attack on St. Francis Catholic Church in Owo on Sunday, June 5 that killed around 38 people.

Home Secretary Rauf Aregbesola made the announcement Thursday, June 9, while briefing State House reporters after a National Security Council meeting, reported Daily Trust.

The mee was chaired by President Muhammadu Buhari at the Presidential Mansion in Abuja.

Owo attack: FG has located the perpetrators, Interior Minister says

Moreover, Aregbesola said the government was able to locate the perpetrators of the Owo attack and encircle the terrorist group ISWAP .

The minister, who accompanied the journalists along with Inspector General of Police Alkali Baba Usman, said the security agencies had been ordered to pursue the perpetrators of the crime and bring them to justice The Nigerian Tribune also reported.

The minister said the group wanted to turn Nigerians against each other and make it appear as an ethno-religious war .

However, he said there was no ethnic agenda in the attack and urged Nigerians to unite and di e to defeat terrorists.

Dozens of believers were killed and others injured during Sunday’s attack on St. Fra ncis Catholic Church, Owo.

Concerns about Blasphemy killings in Nigeria

Meanwhile, Aregbesola stated that the Security Council was also concerned about killings committed in the name of Nigeria’s blasphemy.

The minister said the security agencies have been ordered to pursue the perpetrators of both incidents that took place recently in Sokoto State and Abuja.

He added that for Ekiti state gubernatorial elections to be held on June 18, 2022.

Owo attack: Governor Akeredolu issues directive honoring victims

< p class="align- left">Akeredolu announced this in a statement issued by its spokesman Richard Olatunde on Monday, June 6th.

The governor described the incident as a collective loss for the entire state.

Source: Legit.ng