There seems to be a tacit agreement in the political arena of Nigeria that no president or incumbent governor should and can run for a third term, even though this may not be stipulated in the state constitution .
This political culture came into play more when the government of former President Olusegun Obasanjo claimed in 2007 that he would serve another term (with was eight years in office at the time) was vehemently opposed, and many called it the satanic third-term agenda as contained in a Vanguard publication.
That is, it is therefore safe to say that many of the incumbent governors who are in office for the second time may not participate in the much anticipated parliamentary elections in 2023.
1 . Governor Okezie Ikpeazu (Abia)
2. Governor Udom Gabriel Emmanuel (Akwa Ibom)
3. Governor Willie Obiano (Anambra)
4. Governor Samuel Ortom (Benue)
5. Governor Benedict Ayade (Cross River)
6. Governor Ifeanyi Okowa (Delta)
7. Governor Ifeanyi Ugwuanyi (Enugu)
8. Governor Badaru Abubakar (Jigawa)
9. Governor Abdullahi Ganduje (Kano)
10. Governor Aminu Masari (Katsina)
11. Governor Abubakar Atiku Bagudu (Kebbi)
12. Governor Abubakar Sani Bello (Niger)
13. Governor Simon Lalong (Plateau)
14. Governor Nyesom Wike (rivers)
15. Governor Aminu Waziri Tambuwal (Sokoto)
16. Governor Darius Ishaku (Taraba)
17. Governor Dave Umahi (ebony)
18. Governor Nasir El-Rufai (Kaduna)
Evil politicians of Abuja: I could die before I run for second term, Nigerian governor
Meanwhile, governor Bala Mohammed of Bauchi had accused those he called Abuja politicians of being responsible for promoting treason and hatred in the state.
Mohammed also alleged that this was the case are the same band of federal commissioners who are planning his demise by working with criminals to increase insecurity in Bauchi injured or brought down, adding that he would end his days on earth as God intended.
The governor announced this on Tuesday, July 13th, known as he started the Kaura Economic Empowerment Program (KEEP) for beneficiaries in local government areas n Ganjuwa and Darazo brought into being.