Oct 19, 2021

Mawazo Writing Africa

Writing about the main

Just In: Over 13,000 Boko Haram Terrorists Have Surrendered So Far, Says DHQ

  • A total of 13,243 Boko Haram members surrendered to the Nigerian military in troops in the north
  • The terrorists surrendered during various operations by the Nigerian troops Military in the context of Operation Hadin Kai
  • According to DHQ, the terrorists surrendered together with their family members, consisting of adult men and women and children

Nigeria’s Defense Headquarters has announced that over 13,000 Boko Haram terrorists have surrendered to the Nigerian military in various places.

The DHQ said in a press release released on Thursday, October 14th in Abuja at the end of its conference, that Operation Hadin Kai troops had done a great job conducting massive operations in the northeast.

Families and terrorist workers They also surrendered

According to the DHQ, 13,243 terrorists and their families c om 3,243 adult men, 3,868 adult women and 6,234 children, they gave in to the troops of the Nigerian military.

A statement from the director of media operations at DHQ Brigadier General Benjamin Onyeuko revealed that 29 terrorists, including their informants, families, collaborators and logistics officers, were also arrested during operations in various locations in the region / p>

Various arsenals recovered by the terrorists and their informants

He said that during the duration of this operation 38 different weapons and 968 rounds of ammunition as well as 48 rustling livestock were rescued by the terrorists.

Onyeuko said this feat was the result of repeated land and air strikes in various locations in the northeast of the theater ers were carried out.

Onyeuko said the terrorists were killed during the operations carried out by soldiers within three weeks.

In addition, various weapons from the operation were seized by terrorists, armed bandits, kidnappers and their informants in the northern region.

In other news, the Archbishop of the Catholic Diocese of Sokoto, Matthew Kukah, urged the Nigerian government to disclose to Nigerians all the names of the sponsors of the Boko Haram terrorists in the country.

Kukah said that the delay and difficulties that the Nigerian Government in publishing the information has shown concern.

According to the cleric, the current government has failed to show any degree of sincerity in its dealings with terrorists who the Nat ion terrorism.

The United States government has also pledged to support Nigeria in its fight against Boko Haram terrorism in the country.

The US stands ready to help Nigeria identify all sponsors of terrorism in the hopes of ensuring that the group’s funding source is cut.

Pope Francis, the Pope of the Catholic Church, has described the murder of many Nigerians as painful.

The Pope also called on the government led by President Muhammadu Buhari to do so see to it that the killing of Nigerian citizens is stopped.