The Lagos State Emergency Management Agency (LASEMA) said no life was lost in the fire that broke out on Sunday in a three-story building in Marina on Lagos Island.
LASEMA – Spokesman Nosa Okunbor, told the Nigeria News Agency (NAN) that the fire had broken out in one of the apartments in the building.
“Earlier today, LASEMA and other stakeholders put out the fire on the three-story Elephant House -Building burned out in Marina.
“We effectively prevented it from expanding to other properties in the area. Fortunately, neither human lives nor injuries were recorded.
“On arrival at the scene of the fire, the situation report on the outbreak of fire showed that the above-mentioned location had been hit by a fire.
” Further investigations at the scene of the accident revealed that the fire started from one of the apartments on the third floor of the building, ”he said.
He added that efforts to extinguish the fire failed because the gas was cylinders exploded in one of the rooms and the fire spread to adjacent apartments in the building.