Oct 3, 2022

Mawazo Writing Africa

Writing about the main

PTDF Makes Clarifications on Alleged Exclusion of Southeast From Interview – Legit.ng

  • The PTDF has denied a media report suggesting that it has excluded students from the Southeast from its scholarship program
  • According to PTDF management Candidates from the Southeast are currently participating in the interview exercise
  • Management also clarified that the sit-at-home arrangement affected the accommodations for the students in the area strong>< /li>

FCT, Abuja – The management of the Petroleum Technology Development Fund (PTDF) has responded to a media report on the ongoing interview by responds to candidates for the Fund’s Overseas Scholarship Scheme (OSS) 2022 for Nigerian students.

The PTDF noted that the caption of the said publication gave the impression that it was about Geopolitical candidates from the Southeast trading zone have been excluded from the ongoing interview and added that the caption was incorrect and therefore misleading to the public.

She said that It was at the time the issue of the centers was discussed that the considered opinion of management and other stakeholders was that due to Monday’s at-home order in the Southeast, candidates have the option of moving from any of the other five zones around the country instead of from Enugu, including the option for a virtual interview from the comfort of your own home.

< p class="align-left">The decision, PTDF said, was made solely to ensure that the mob ity of the candidates from the zone will not be affected by the sit-at-home arrangement as they would have to relocate from their various states to Enugu, which normally serves as the center for the zone in previous interviews, adding that the candidates are duly taken along before the decision was made.

Part of the explanation reads:

“As we have said in all of our correspondence, there was no intentional attempt to South East (Enugu) as one of our interview centers for conducting the 2022 Overseas Scholarship Scheme (OSS) selection interview exercise.

“The decision to have five centers including Port-Harcourt, Abuja, Bauchi, Kaduna and Ibadan instead of six was largely due to the ‘sit-at-home’ concept that could hamper mobility our potential grantees, as determined by the head of the OSS. Candidates also had the choice of being interviewed from virtually anywhere.

“The candidates who indicated Southeast at the time of the application process were asked to choose a suitable location from the five centres, which they did were doing and are currently going through their interviews at the center of their choice.

“We have noticed the reactions to the misleading captions in the media and would like to reassure the public that our prospective scientists from the South East are on the short list of candidates, participating in the ongoing selection process.”

Sitting at home: unidentified gunmen chasing students from Anambra school

Remember, it’s a mess There were riots in the commercial town of Onitsha on Tuesday May 31 when gunmen broke into schools in the area and some parts of the Idemili area in Anambra state and shook hands students chased students out of the classrooms.

The gunmen also stormed markets and public places to evict people.

It was found that the gunmen claimed people should go home and say today is “Biafra Day”.

Sit-at-home: crooks set motorcycles and tricycles on fire in Nsukka

In a related development, some crooks said they sat-at Indigenous People of Biafra (IPOB) House Rules on Thursday, May 26, a motorcycle and a tricycle, general known as “Keke”, on fire in Nsukka, Enugu State.

The incident, which took place in the early hours of the morning, occurred on Umakashi Road, displacing local residents in the area in confusion and palpable fear.

Shops, business centers, car parks, banks, markets and schools in Nsukka town did not open f for activity, although IPOB had previously canceled Thursday’s seat-to-home order through a statement released by its spokesperson, Emma Powerful, on Wednesday, May 25.