A report by Daily Trust lists top politicians and political offices in Nigeria who have “spent millions of naira” to Asiwaju Bola Tinubu, national leader of the All Progressives Congress visit (APC), in London, United Kingdom (UK).
Tinubu has been in London for medical treatment for the past three months. He is said to have had knee surgery and is currently undergoing physiotherapy.
President Muhammadu Buhari is one of those who visited Tinubu in London. The President visited the APC leader while he was also in the UK for a medical evaluation.
There is strong speculation that Tinubu will take up the presidency before 2023 . Although there were support groups promoting him, the former governor of Lagos has not yet declared a public interest.
List of visitors to Tinubu
1. President Muhammadu Buhari
2. Babajide Sanwo-Olu (Lagos)
3. Dr. Kayode Fayemi (Ekiti)
4. Rotimi Akeredolu (Ondo)
5. Dapo Abiodun (Ogun)
6. Umar Abdullahi Ganduje (Kano)
7. Senator Aliyu Wamakko (Sokoto)
8. Abdulaziz Yari (Zamfara)
9. Senator Ibikunle Amosun (Ogun)
10. Senator Kashim Shettima (Borno).
11. Senator Tokunbo Abiru (Lagos East)
12. Senator Opeyemi Bamidele (Ekiti Central)
13. Senator Adeola Solomon (Lagos Central)
14. Senator Adelere Oriolowo (Osun West)
15. Senator Mohammed Sani (Niger East)
House of Reps
16. Femi Gbajabiamila, Speaker of the House of Representatives
17. Rep. James Faleke (APC, Ikeja)
18. Mudashiru Obasa, Speaker of the Parliament of Lagos State
19. Temitope Adewale (Ifako-Ijaiye 1)
20. Nureni Akinsanya (Mushin 1)
21. Sylvester Ogunkelu (Epe 2)
Delegation of the Governors’ Advisory Council (GAC)
22. Senator Anthony Adefuye
23. Wale Edun
24. Idiat Adebule, former Deputy Governor
25. Dr. Obafemi Hamzat, Deputy Governor of Lagos
26. Tayo Ayinde, Chief of Staff of the Governor of Lagos
27. Gboyega Soyannwo, Deputy Chief of Staff
28. Tokunbo Wahab, Special Advisor for Education (Lagos)
29. Dr. Muiz Banire (SAN), former APC national legal advisor
30. Adekunle Akanbi
31. Kolade Alabi, National President of ALGON, Lagos
32. Rasaq Ajala, State Secretary of Lagos from ALGON
33. Otunba Adebayo Olasoju, Chairman of Isolo LCDA in Lagos
34. Senator Abu Ibrahim
35. Hon Usman Zanna
36. Kabiru Alhassan Rurum (legislator)
37. Aminu Babba Dan’Agundi (Legislator)
Members of the Northern Caucus in the House of Representatives
38. Ahmed Wase, Deputy Speaker
39. Alhassan Ado-Doguwa, Majority Leader,
40. Abubakar Fulata, Chairman of the House Committee on Rules and Business,
41. Abdulrazak Namdas, Chairman of the House Committee on the Army,
42. Blessing Onuh (APC, Benue), daughter of the former Senate President David Mark
43. Sada solos (APC, Katsina)
44. Abubakar Lado Suleja (APC, Niger) and 13 other people.
Estimated expenses of N 265 million for travel
without President Buhari, Ganduje and three others in the UK for personal reasons, the Daily Trust reported that 53 people were mainly in London to visit Tinubu.
The newspaper found that increasing Ticket prices of at least every visitor have spent between N4 and N5 million for return tickets in First Class or Business Class to Great Britain, citing results from travel agencies.
This meant that the money of those who visited Tinubu was on N265m. was spent on the 53 politicians.
These are among other expenses for hotel accommodation in London, including animal feed. An average room in a hotel costs between 150 and 200 pounds (90,000 to 120,000 N) per night, the report continues.
2023: Governor Sanwo-Olu declares his full support for Tinubu’s presidency
Meanwhile, the governor of Lagos State Babajide Sanwo-Olu has declared his support for Tinubu’s rise to the presidency of Nigeria in 2023.
The governor expressed his support when he spoke on Thursday October 7th at the launch of the Southwest Agenda 2023 (SWAGA ’23), a campaign group promoting Tinubu’s candidacy for the 2023 presidency.
He described the APC chief as a collector’s figure and a bearer of hope for progressive leadership in Nigeria.