Former Mpumalanga Agricultural MEC, Mandla Msibi, will spend another night in custody as his bail request on Thursday was postponed to Friday.
“The case against Msibi along with his two Defendants Anele Sonke Mnisi and Njabulo Mkhonto will continue tomorrow, “said National Prosecutor’s Office (NPA) spokeswoman Monica Nyuswa, on Thursday.
Mzibi was arrested on Monday on two charges of murder and one attempted murder. He has been on custody since then.
Nyuswa said the investigator had completed his testimony and was cross-examined Thursday. The court will hear final arguments from the state and the defense on Friday.
Msibi, who served on the ANC provincial board, is charged with a shooting in connection with an August 22 incident in which two were involved People killed and a third injured.
Msibi has been removed from his position as MEC for Agriculture, Rural Development, Land and Environment – while the ANC in the province has declared his arrest and double homicide charges would harm their electoral ambitions.
On Wednesday the district court of Nelspruit, where Msibi was due to appear for a second day, was shocked after a bomb had been evacuated.