Oct 19, 2021

Mawazo Writing Africa

Writing about the main

Cocaine: Big bust for city cartels as drug shipment seized

The Hawks raided a drug smuggling cartel and confiscated half a tonne of cocaine – worth more than R200 million – that was hidden in an import container labeled “Animal Feed” in a warehouse in Durban ..

Hawks spokesman, Lt. Col. Philani Nkwalase, said police conducted an intelligence operation that resulted in the massive cocaine bust of more than 243 million RARs in Isipingo in the southern Durban Basin.

“In In the early hours of June 22, 2021, an intelligence operation was conducted at a container depot on Avenue East in Isipingo after information about drug smuggling into the country, “said Nkwalase.

” The Hawks ‘The Serious Organized Crime Investigation team with members from Durban Harbor and the Border Guard Criminal Investigation Department went to the depot where the container that allegedly contained animal feed was identified and a search was carried out, ”he said.

“ Twenty-six canvas bags with Tik Tok and Jaguar tokens were found with cocaine stones. The drugs weighed 541 kilograms with an estimated value of more than 243 million rand and were confiscated, “he said.

He said the Hawks’ investigation into the matter to find and arrest the perpetrators was ongoing.

National Head of the Hawks, Lieutenant General Godfrey Lebeya praised the team for exposing and seizing the massive drug shipments.

“We are getting closer to the drug cartels. This drug downturn shows that there are organized criminal groups involved in organizing the movement of these dangerous dependent producing substances from one country to another, “he said.

” While combating the supply of these Substances, We appeal to the community not to demand the offer that will ultimately help close the market, ”added Lebeya.

The recent drug downturn follows several police breakthroughs, not least the seizure of 400 Millions of rand of pure cocaine that the Hawks and a multidisciplinary law enforcement team intercepted on the N1 Freeway when it was transported in a trailer-pulled boat on June 1st,