Of the 30 most severely affected SA police stations in relation to murder cases, six are on the list in Gauteng.
This comes from the province’s crime statistics for the second quarter of financial year 2021/2022. Year, from July to September.
The six stops are:
- Atteridgeville, which recorded 39 homicides in the quarter (a 95% increase);
- Ivory Park with also 38 cases (an increase of 171.4%)
- Kagiso with 34 murders (a Increase of 13.3%);
- Jeppe with 32 cases (an increase of 14.3%); and
- Orange Farm with 31 cases (an increase of 72.2%).
< li> Alexandra with 38 cases (an increase of 65.2%)
The statistics were submitted to the Portfolio Committee of the Gauteng Legislation for the Safety of the Community of Police Managers the province on. submitted Tuesday.
Gauteng Police Commissioner, Lieutenant General Elias Mawela, said two of the trio of crimes had increased: car theft increased 3.4% while business robberies increased 1.4%.
“The unrest we have had a negative impact on contact-related crime,” he said.
The number of contact crime increased, 57 more cases were reported than in the same period last year .
“Four of the seven crimes within the contact crime category showed an increase.”
Mawela said the highest increase in true values was murder with 229 other cases and Assault with intent to cause assault counts more with 212.